There are different levels of freelancer:
- The side-hustle, hobbyist freelancer
- The go-with-the-flow freelancer
- The “I take my job seriously” freelancer
- The super-professional, high-income freelancer
- The freelancer that scales into a business
Emeline is #5. This is her story.
Emeline started her career as a translator in 2013. When she started, she did freelance translation work with a portfolio of agency clients.
Marketing translations came naturally to her: she received a lot of PR and marketing-related assignments. As her client list grew, she became more interested in marketing both as a translation specialisation and as a way to grow her own business.